"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rainbows and Rice


Here are some of the rainbows we are making at the orphanage! I had a whole new group learn about color this week.  None of the children here have ever seen a rainbow - I guess because the air is so dusty here, and it rarely rains, they just don't happen?  The kids love learning about God's promise to keep us safe.  They take such care with anything that is given to them - it's amazing - they took their time and made beautiful rainbows!


And afterwards, they colored in these Noah's Ark pictures.


After the orphanage, we always go and get chicken and rice off the street at "Simple Brothers."  Even though I go every week, each time I am there I think to myself - people at home would never believe I am eating this!  I sometimes don't believe I am eating the food from this place, maybe because I try so hard not to think about where it came from - but its good and to my knowledge, no one has ever gotten sick from it. 



Yes, there are usually live chickens running around, and through the "kitchen." This is Kwame and Karlos - the "Simple Brothers."


 Can you even believe this place?!  It's the only place anywhere near us we can get "take-out" food.  Yummmmmmm, chicken and rice. 

1 comment: