"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

INTERNET!!!!

Ah! I am on the internet inside my house! We just got it working!!! Praise the Lord!  I am not staying on long, as I am completely exhausted and about to crash.


Several of us went to Auntie Jean's ministry "Children of the Light" to help her clear land so they can begin construction on a meeting pavilion.  It's a great way to spend a Saturday - it felt like a mini-mission trip.  We were out of the city, in between mountains, in "the bush."  We left home shortly after 6 this morning, rode the tro-tro (public transportation) for about an hour to get there, 45 minute hike to "the land" - to work like I have never worked in my life! We were carrying water and sand up the mountain for concrete to be made for the foundation of the pavilion.


We learned how to carry the buckets on our heads - like the African women do! It is SOOO hard!  The bowls we carried, we think, were 35 or 40 pounds! Each trip up up the mountains was only a few minutes - but it is the hardest thing I have ever done! You somehow use EVERY SINGLE muscle in your body - I am expecting to be very sore tomorrow.  I am super tired.

Happy Birthday Grandaddy! I hope you had a great day - I can skype whenever now - so y'all just let me know when it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment