"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2010

In All things...

Reading the Old Testament, through Exodus and on to Leviticus now – I started to get really frustrated reading the specifics of the tabernacle tent. I know it wasn’t easy for Moses, he had the obvious of hardships of wilderness living and plagues and such.  Even so, I found myself feeling jealous of the way he was able to communicate with God.  He used to sit and talk with God.  Moses climbed up a mountain and spent 40 days in God’s presence, and God told him specifically what to do, how to govern Israel, and so ridiculously specific how to build the tabernacle. 

I assure you, I would climb any mountain to talk to God and have Him tell me specifically what I needed to do, and give me a copy carved into stone to keep with me.  Sometimes it is just so hard to discern what we are suppose to do, where we are suppose to be going.  The Bible says over and over again to WAIT on God to BE STILL and know that He is God.  It is so awesome to realize that I, that we all, have that same relationship with God that Moses did through the Holy Spirit.

We just have to listen and look for God. He is everywhere.  As I continued reading, it really struck me this time how God said over and over again in his instructions for the tabernacle – that there were specific people whom he had “filled with a spirit of skill.” For each part of the tabernacle, God had in just the right time, given the specific skill to the specific person to do a specific work of weaving or sewing, or carving – ART.  How cool – God has filled us with a skillful spirit for specific tasks.  God is in all things: he is in my teaching at school, and in my painting, in my eating, drinking, walking, running, breathing…He has planned and appointed it all.

Earlier this week, for in-service day, we watched a talk given by Louie Giglio.  He was talking about God’s creation – about just how big the stars are in comparison to Earth – and in affect how BIG God is, and how small we are, and even so how our God is a personal God.  He knows our names, he knows how many hairs we have on our heads, His word says He even calls the stars by name.  That is the great God I serve.  His talk concluded with Laminin – a protein in our bodies that keeps all of our molecules “glued” together.  He showed us this picture of it:



Isn't God amazing - He binds us together, and He is truly in ALL things.


1 comment:

  1. Lauren, are you really getting to foster that GORGEOUS baby!???? Oh my! Please hug her & kiss her & tell her how lovely she is for me! I so wish I was there to love on her, sing over her, pray for her etc. But I am comforted, knowing that you will be doing that. :)

    BTW, you've won a blogger award all the way from over here. Check out my blog for details. :)

    ReplyDelete