"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Inspiring Peace

"Abide in me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.  I am the vine and you are the branches.  Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing...By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much FRUIT..." John 15:4-8

"But the FRUIT of the spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self control, against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22



What inspires peace?  
I am learning through "Living Beyond Yourself," that true peace comes from being at the feet of Jesus.   Peace comes from the hope in the authority and goodness of our Savior, the Prince of Peace, the hope that our Redeemer lives!  Realizing that God is in control, not just of this huge world, but He is also in control of our day, today, He is in control of this forty minute class I am teaching, He is in control of my attitude this moment, He already knows what will happen, and He already sees how He can use this moment for His glory.  Waiting on God.  Rest.  Peace. 

"And let the PEACE of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body.  And be thankful." Colossians 3:15

I grow continually more thankful for Christ's sacrifice for us reading Leviticus.  There are whole chapters on the different sacrifices the Israelites were to make as atonement for their sin.  There are whole sections on exactly how and what to sacrifice as a PEACE offering.  Through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we have the Holy Spirit, we have access to God.  If we abide in Christ, continually submitting to His authority and goodwill, His word says we will produce FRUIT - PEACE.

2 comments:

  1. lauren i have of course been following your blog the entire time you have been gone but you know its not like me to comment but i just have to let you know how right on and inspiring the past couple of posts have been for me and wanted to thank you and let you know that i love and miss you and am so thankful for your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LJ! I love this post. i printed it out so i could read it again. And you know you can not get away with putting a picture up like the one you put on this post with out me saying...'oh i just love it when you glue "stuff" on paper. haha! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete