"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Bibles!


  I have already written about the organization, and for more information here is the Pram Pram website - they are doing remarkable things worldwide - and getting so many kids off the streets and into their schools.  The Bartons will be preaching at their church service once a month, and I hope to go with them as often as possible.

Church was A-mazing! Drumming and the kids dancing! I took a video during the service here is the link to hear and see the kids - can you pick out the two missionary's kids?! (They are the ones without any rhythm - ha!) 
All the kids loved watching themselves!



During the service - I noticed several of the children didn't have Bibles, and the ones who did had tiny, and really beat-up ones with only the new testament and Psalms.  I let them use my Bible during church.  I looked around, and so many of them did not have their own Bible.  I asked if they would like one and of course, they would love a Bible, and I asked if they wanted English or Twi - and they want English Bibles.  So, I am praying for children's Bibles for them.  I am going to buy some while I am home for Elizabeth's wedding.  I could use some help - does anyone have children's Bibles they can donate?  Would you want to purchase one, so that I could bring it back with me to give away?  How great would it be for each one of these precious children to have their own Bible - and for each new child to receive one when they are brought in to Pram Pram, off the streets of Accra.

Can you help me?

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, if you are unable to find someone to donate all of the Bibles you need, I will gladly help by purchasing a few for you to take back with you! Let me know what I can do to help.

    Ash

    ReplyDelete