"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

My Rights!

"Am I not FREE?....

This is my DEFENSE, 
to those who would examine me.  
Do we not have the right to eat and drink?
...BUT...
we endure anything rather than put an obstacle 
in the way of the gospel of Christ.....
For though I am FREE from all, 
I have made myself a SERVANT to all, 
that I might win more of them."
-Paul, 1 Corinthians 9:1-19


Paul writes about giving up his rights.  Just because we are FREE, and "all things are lawful" that does not mean that "all things are helpful."  I am trying to think more about my choices, knowing that I will have the opportunity to explain my actions at school.  I won't ever HAVE to, but students ask me tough questions, challenging questions, questions based on scripture -- everyday.   

"But take care that this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak." (1 Corinthians 8:9)  



Here's one first grader who practicing to carry things on her head, like the Ghanaians all around us.   These kids are sponges - they soak it all up.  They are watching, learning and copying what they see.  Who is watching you today?

So - "Why should my liberty 
be determined by 
someone else's conscience?"

It shouldn't be - just be sure that -

"whether you eat or drink 
or whatever you do - 
do it to the glory of God!" 

(1 Corinthians 10:29-31)

No comments:

Post a Comment