"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just another birthday party...


...for 50 orphaned or abandoned kids in Africa!
I visited my friend Dana at the Haven of Hope, just outside of Accra this weekend.  

They were throwing one BIG birthday party for all the children living there.



Just like American birthday parties, they had balloons,


and games,


and face paint,



and a pinata.


I was able to provide some craft time!




They made some really cool prints :)



Unlike an American birthday party, the food was the typical Ghanaian dish: chicken, fried rice, "salad" (what we call coleslaw) and shito.  I don't know if I have mentioned shito before now or not - but, it is pronounced just as it looks, and it comes on almost every dish here! It is some extra spice they like to put on the already very spicy food :)  So, I have to say it almost everyday!  Yea, not my favorite Twi word!


Anyways, it was a great day - thank Dana!

The next two days were filled with delicious dinners and brunches! Some of the Lebanese families that attend AIS made us a delicious dinner Sunday night, and then we had a school brunch at a really nice restaurant.  MMMmmmm.

I feel "warmed up" for some good American food in a few weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment