"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

"The heart of a man 
plans his way,
but the Lord 
establishes his steps."
Proverbs 16:9


This proverb changed something about the way I pray.  I think I have always asked for the Lord to show me that one exact path that He "set apart" for me.  I've spent too much energy trying to find that one specific place that He wants me to be in.  I am learning to give more credit to the choices and freewill that God has given me.  I think there are lots of ways my path can go that will glorify the Lord.

"The PATH of righteousness is level;
you make level the way of the righteous."
Isaiah 26:7

"Your word is a lamp onto my feet 
and a light unto my PATH."
Psalm 119:105


Now, I need to keep my heart and mind focused on Truth, let my heart plan the way, and wait and trust the Lord to establish my steps.

"I will WAIT for the Lord...
...and I will HOPE in Him."
Isaiah 8:17

3 comments:

  1. I love your drawing! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lesson I have to remind myself all the time! It's neat to know we have that freedom, but I so often get caught up trying to find the Right way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like the drawing! I feel like I have to learn this over again every morning :) Maybe we should try to remind each other?!

    ReplyDelete