"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring TIME, Wedding TIME, Bitzi Bi's TIME

My aunt Lee Alice and I were visiting earlier this week, and she asked me what I missed most about Africa.  It only took me a moment to respond, "TIME!"  In Africa, TIME is different, TIME is fairly irrelevant to my African life.  In America, TIME is everything, I am constantly trying to make the most of my TIME here, spend TIME with everyone I have been missing, and BE at the right places at all the right TIMES.

In Ghana, when we are planning to meet somewhere - we always ask each other "9 o'clock American time or Ghana time?"  If you say 9 o'clock Ghana time, that means start getting ready to go around 9 o'clock American time, and whenever we all happen to be ready, we'll go.  Some how, letting go of TIME and schedule frees you up, I just feel like I have more TIME in Ghana.  Praise the Lord, I think I got everywhere I was suppose to be on TIME this weekend!


"Bitzi Bi," or my sister Elizabeth was glowing all weekend!  She looked beautiful and the wedding was beautiful and I was thrilled to be able to be here for her.


We started with the bridesmaid luncheon - cousins and sisters picture! Lydia, Tracey, Elizabeth, me, Hannah.



Then, off to rehearsal - here comes the bride.  The wedding was in my grandmother, Deedee's backyard - and it was beautiful!



This picture has wedding planner #1, Pat - great job!


Here is Elizabeth and Wedding planner #2, Deedee, awesome job!



Here is mom, wedding planner #3 - super job, Mom!  All three of them worked so hard!


Tracey and myself.



Then to the rehearsal dinner.  Here are all the bridesmaids.  The night was full of fun - everyone expressed their love for Elizabeth and Paul in their own unique way - Tracey through rap, Grandaddy through poetry, and I through writing Elizabeth and Paul's "fairy tale."  Here's a glimpse of "Bitzi Bi and the Cowboy."


Aunt Dixie did an amazing job orchestrating the night - and I can't believe I didn't get a picture with her! Here is aunt Lee Alice - we always seem to be "Twins!"




Grandaddy, Lee Alice, Tracey, Paul, myself, and Grandmommy.

In my few "off" moments, I was able to catch my breath sitting by Dad's pool, watching everything come together.  I have always loved sitting on his porch.  It is so peaceful, open field, horses, sunsets, amazing.  The only thing that was different this time, were the clouds of pollen - which were CRAZY - it looked much like the "harmattan" I left in Ghana!  Here are some pictures of the yard, that I have a new appreciation for.  Dad and I couldn't agree on the best time to take a picture - maybe you can decide?






Dad, performing his Sunday evening ritual of grilling burgers.  One of those things I miss most about being away - Dad's burgers. MMmmm.  I am visiting mom and Dell in Columbus right now - can't wait to show pictures of the back yard here!

"For everything there is a season, and a TIME for every matter under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

1 comment:

  1. LJ - What a wonder picture and recap of the weekend! I loved being with you! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete