"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Beacon House Orphanage


I just couldn't post this picture a few months ago when it was taken, it was just too sad.  I feel like I can now that I have seen her smiling again.  This is one of the orphans, on the day one of her friends in the orphanage was adopted and flew to his new home in the US.  The orphans become family for each other, and while it is bitter sweet for us to watch the children go home with loving families, the other orphans understand the separation much less.  There is sadness, jealousy, anger and loneliness felt by those left behind.  In a meager attempt to comfort her - I asked to "snap" her.  And she smiled when she saw the photograph on my digital camera.

Today when I went by, she was there smiling, and asked me to "snap" her, and she excitedly came around to see it.  Look at that smile!


Today, I went by to drop off some awesome kids clothes donated by an organization in Auburn.  The kids and staff were grateful.  They have a container full of kids clothes donated to the orphanage.  The kids here wear them, and they also send them out to surrounding orphanages who are also in need.  Pretty cool to see the sense of community here.


And yesterday I went over to paint with the kids!  The kids finger painted pictures of themselves.  I think they enjoyed it.  It's funny, they take much better care of the supplies than kids at our school.  It just means more to them to have paint to use.






And as I was leaving, I saw the baby we were blessed to care for for a few weeks, who is back at the orphanage now.  She was alone in the baby house, sitting on the floor.  She has lost weight since we had her - and it was really hard to see.  Please pray for this little baby.



Thank you for all your prayers and comments, it means so much to know that people back at home are reading and encouraged by life over here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks La for being such a blessing - and sharing that blessing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LJ you have been taking some great pics. I love seeing all the little kids. I will be praying for this little sweet baby girl. Even though this picture is very sad, you did a great job capturing her. There is a lot of emotion in this picture. I continue to be so proud of all you are doing!

    ReplyDelete