"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

"Hey Miss LJ!!!"




I was greeted today entering school with little voices asking about my travels, "Hey Miss LJ!"  "How was America?"  "How was the wedding?"  So fun to be back.  It's funny how I can now walk into a place that was so very foreign to me, and feel right at home.

But, I didn't just walk here!  Most of you know, I fly close to 20 hours from Atlanta to Frankfurt Germany, then to Accra Ghana.  But before any of that even began, I had several "last" meals in America - soaking up all the deliciousness.

Hamilton's with Dad.




Brick Oven with Grandmommy and Grandaddy.


Big Blue Bagel with the sisters and BROTHER!


Then, we drove to the airport - where Grandaddy helped me unpack my bags - stashed full of Bibles for the kids at Pram Pram, cheese, cereal, coffee, and chocolate to share with missionaries, and clothes for the kids at the orphanage! To say the least, I was overpacked - and we had to rearrange several times and persuade the Lufthansa check in staff to let me take all three bags!



So, we re-organized until they would let me on - and I still had Bibles spilling out of my carry-ons!



All the shuffling paid off, when I was able to let Joyce choose clothes for her kids, and give them their own Bible.  She was so excited.  The clothes were given for me to bring over here by a ministry I heard about through Auburn United Methodist Church - they let me choose any clothes I could use to bring over - so amazing.



Here are Jeff and Mary in their new outfits.  I let them try some American "toffee" or candy - and they loved the Reece's Pieces!


While, I was able to get tons of food and clothes and Bibles back here - I arrived to a broken (again!) fridge.  The power was off and on the hour I got here, and this morning the generator at school wasn't working - so I was sweaty and eating kabobs for lunch (which are delicious, just not nutritious).  Even with the AC not working, the art class went on - we were practicing our art class motto: 

"Turn that Frown Upside Down!"








So, it's good to be back - and just remember, even when your fridge doesn't work, or the air conditioner isn't working in the 98 degree weather, and you've just had to go thousands of miles away from your wonderful friends and family - "Turn that frown upside down!"

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you made it back safe and sound.
    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it back safely. i can't believe how much stuff you brought back!! miss already!

    ReplyDelete