"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Calm Before the Storm.


The Wedding Storm is about to hit, and I honestly don't think it will be a "storm," but it's going to provide LOTS to do for LOTS of people who all love Elizabeth and Paul a whole LOT!  This picture is our back yard here in Auburn, AL - the tent is up and everything is going to be beautiful for Saturday.  My grandmother, Deedee knows how to throw a wedding - it is going to be amazing!

Last night, Dad and I ordered pizza and just chilled out.  I don't want to gloat, Africa friends, but I watched "The Office" like for real.  Ha - yea - like it was just on TV, so much has happened since the last season we watched together on the projector!  The only draw-back to watching it on TV is you don't get to watch the whole season at once - I actually have to WAIT until next week to watch what happens!

Here are some of the pictures I wanted to put up on the last blog - but the picture uploader was just not working!  (I will go back and add some Jerusalem pictures :)


Again, don't want to gloat - but most of my activities here have revolved around food - I don't think I have ever tasted food so good - as anything you taste after spending a few months in Africa!  These are some of my college friends - who were SOOOO sweet and amazing to drive to Auburn and meet for dinner at our favorite dinner spot in Auburn - Amsterdam Cafe - I had Salmon - my favorite. MMMmmm.


And my friend Susan is pregnant!!!! She's about to bust - and I haven't been able to see her pregnant until this week!  She looks amazing - THE cutest pregnant person ever!


I met Tracey for breakfast at the Big Blue Bagel - another Auburn favorite! I always order the fruit on the cinnamon sugar bagel - MMMmmmm.

It's funny, going back and forth between cultures, you try to prepare yourself for all the cultural differences (which have so much more overwhelming this trip home!), but I didn't realize all the similarities I would notice coming back.  Yes, "people are people" no matter where you go.  When confused about people's actions, or my own motives are misunderstood - I am always reminded of this poem.  My aunt Dixie sent one version of it out to all of us, after my Uncle Robert died, ten years ago now, as something that she found in his desk.  Uncle Robert was a light in my life, and an inspiration to so many in this World, it's a challenge and a honor to read something that was important to him.  It's a good reminder of truths in this World we live in, and how we can show Christ's perfect love to an unlovable World.

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.  Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.  Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.  Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.  Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.  Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.  Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten.  Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.  Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway.
-this version is credited to Mother Teresa


All my outfits are picked out, and my rehearsal dinner speech is ready!  Right now, I am at Panera returning emails and trying to have a few quiet moments before everything starts, today at 11:30 am.  Please pray for PEACE in the Johnston's and Johnson's this weekend!  Yay for wedding time!

1 comment: