"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

I love Saturday.


We had a cook out last night, it was quite enjoyable! A ton of the teachers and other internationals came.  Sara and I made the veggie kabobs .... MMMmmmmm.....don't they look good?!


This morning, I went to get fabric! The batik fabric here is so beautiful!




I took a nap while it rained this afternoon.  Then, this evening I made paper -- using a fufu pounder, batik dye, recycled paper, and flowers from the yard!  This is what I am really excited about teaching people here about, they will be able to make the paper with whatever resources available to them, and I am going to begin collecting all the paper that goes into the trash at school - which is a ton!!!


Good stuff.  I love Saturdays.

3 comments:

  1. Lauren, I noticed a comment you left on Amy Barton's FB page and thought I'd look at your blog...however, your name didn't click with me until I saw your face. Nice to find you here in blog world. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beauty of the fabrics, the beauty of the food on the grill, the beauty of your faces, it's all around. Grateful here on a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete