"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Storms and tears.


This has been a sad weekend.   One of the missionaries here passed away Saturday afternoon.  Bob Reed was a counselor for conflict resolution, most recently dealing the conflict between Christians and Muslims in Jos, Nigeria.  Their family had moved to Accra from Liberia this Summer. They have two kids at AIS.  Our whole community is shaken up.  I spent more time praying and talking with classes today than teaching art today.

The skies opened up Saturday afternoon and it poured and thundered and there was lightening - that just almost never happens.  The storm so fit our mood.  Angry and sad.  Even now, there is some kind of haze in the sky - the Ghanaians keep saying harmattan has finally come - but it is months too late for that.  The sadness at school is heavy, the sky outside is heavy.

My little 2nd grader from school last year, with neuro-blastoma cancer had some bad scans this week.  I am broken hearted for their family.  They have hope, and we all know that God is good.  I guess it just takes the down times to appreciate the good.

I just got my passport today, Praise the Lord - the Ghanaian government has had it - waiting for the school to pay the bribe.  After weeks of letters and phone calls and by the grace of God, I finally got it this afternoon.  So, my spirits are lifting, I am so ready to be headed to America tomorrow.

I love plane rides.  I am so glad to be traveling.  I am so glad to be going home.  Please pray for safe travels - I will get on the plane at 11 PM here - 6 PM Auburn time, and then change planes in Frankfurt - and I have checked the weather, there is no snow predicted in Frankfurt!!! And then, I will arrive in Atlanta, Ga Wednesday evening.  Can't wait to see your faces.

I hope it's not too cold to wear sandals when I get off in Atlanta...that's all I have!

1 comment: