"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Ghanaian Family!


Somehow, I have forgotten to introduce you to several important people in my life in Ghana!  


This is Mary.


This is Jeff.


This is their mom, Joyce.  Joyce, Mary and Jeff live in our compound with us.  They are precious.   Joyce cleans the school during the day, and teaches me twi in the evenings!  


I affectionately call Jeff "Adjwi" - which is twi for monkey.  He is all the time climbing on something and eating bananas!!  They are both learning English in school now, and improving every day.



This is Micheal (and little Jeff).  Micheal is our guard.  We can all thank him for keeping me safe at night.  If any one of us are out later than usual, or sick in the bed, he always asks, or calls to make sure that we are ok.  Every night we come in and Micheal is reading his Bible on his little porch. 

These people I see everyday and feel like family.  They take care of me, and have become part of my "Ghanaian Family."

I went out to the garage last night to get my suitcase out to start packing to come home!!!! 6 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment