"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

Down the rabbit hole...



So, Alice in Wonderland has long been one of my favorite stories, and Tim Burton's is a master piece, YES, I am a Tim Burton fan - I love the way he sees stories, everything is so extremely exaggerated and equally creepy that you never know who to suspect as the villain - which is an interesting way to think about our perspectives on real life.  We seem to subconsciously categorize each other, often in the most trivial ways - i.e. - "emo" "the cheerleader" "the funny guy," when really we all are equally extreme in some way - so anyone could assume anyone else is "creepy" - based only on the degrees between their opposite extreme behaviors. hm.

I need to go back and watch the Disney version - but I found that I really relate to Alice in this movie - and I don't remember why I identified with her so much before.  In the new one, she loves people and wants to do the right thing, but her perspective on life is just very different from the people around her.  She has to go on her journey to Wonderland to face and conquer all sorts of battles, leading her to find who she is and all that she is capable of.  She is strong and independent, quirky and naive.

Great movie - I wish to own it, and I will go see it again - if anyone needs a movie buddy!

Our sweet baby girl is no longer in the house with us.  She is doing well and gaining weight. She has enough muscle to sit up and can almost pull herself up to stand!   I went to visit her at the orphanage today.  She was so smiley, until we got the camera out!






And, Praise the Lord!!!! The power is back on!

1 comment: