"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

HOME


All day at school Tuesday - all I could think about was going HOME!  Once I was finished the intense planning for the next two weeks - All I had left was to countdown the moments until my departure!  I took the first grade class outside to play with sidewalk chalk - at that point I had 6 hours left until the airport!

Funny story: I had a lay over in Frankfurt Germany and I was getting through the airport and finally reached the the terminal for the flight to Atlanta, and I began to see several people with Auburn University shirts and hats on!  Of course, I ran over - "Are y'all from Auburn!?" It turns out it was a whole group from Opelika First Baptist Church returning home from Paul's travels in Greece and Turkey.  I knew several of them.  So crazy! War Eagle! 



When I got to Atlanta - I met my sweet dad at baggage claim and we headed to the mall! I got to run into Anthropologie and Nordstrom - my favorites!  Then, we stopped at Chick-fil-A for dinner MMMMmmmmm.

It is so good to come home.  It's funny how some things are exactly as you remember them, and some things and people seem so different.  It makes you wonder if it was you who changed or them?

“So we are always of good courage.  We know that while we are at HOME in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight.  Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at HOME with the Lord.  So whether we are at HOME or away, we make it our aim to please Him.” 2 Corinthians 5:6-9

How comforting it is to know that our HOME is with the Lord.  Our home is in heaven.  We have already been “raised up” and He has “seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Jesus Christ.” (Ephesians 2:6)  As Christians, we have an eternal HOME, a place where we are known and welcomed.

How awesome it has been coming "HOME" from Africa.  It’s been rough the past few weeks, the heat and electricity and dealing with conflict and death in the community – it’s been hard.  I love how Beth Moore continues to remind us in her Bible study that “hard” is not the same as “bad.”  Difficult times change you, refine you, and they sanctify you.  Difficult times make the good times so much “gooder.”  It has been good coming HOME.   Not "easy" but good - and a good reminder of how much more awesome it will be to go to our eternal HOME.

My Dad fixed up my room in his house - It was the nicest most thoughtful thing ever.  He not only had a new bed and car waiting for me, he also unpacked lots of my pictures, and had them hanging on the wall.  I walked in, and it felt like HOME.  


There were some really old pictures - that made me smile - baby me with Mom and Dad.



Some new pictures that I had never seen.  Me and Mr. Gilmer at Easter - sitting on Deedee's porch.  What a great picture to remember him by, I will always remember the time I spent talking with him on that porch.


A brand new painting - signed by Trey Johnston! My dad made this at a charity thing and he hung it in my room! Amazing.



Last night, I got to go and eat with my sisters at Mellow Mushroom - MMMmmm.  Cheese. I love cheese.  I think everyone reading this knows, but cheese is a treat in Ghana - it is really expensive there.

I do love America, but it is definitely different this time. Wedding festivities are kicking off tonight - we have Elizabeth's first shower!  

2 comments:

  1. For some reason I got teary-eyed reading this one (maybe it's all of the hormones)!!! I am so glad you are home for a little while, and I hope I get to see you!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! SO awesome! Have an incredible time! Isn't it awesome we can serve God no matter where we are! He is so good! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete