"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Friday, August 14, 2009

TGIF! We had meetings this morning, and worked on our classrooms this afternoon.  Here are some pictures of the construction of the school - so interesting - most of the workers don't wear shoes at all!



God has His hands on AIS.  They started adding onto the school last year, before they knew it would grow by 50 students since last year! All the teachers are freaking because they have 15 or 16 or 17 students in their classrooms.  It is crazy to believe that they had even smaller classes than that.   I am really excited about having such small classes!  The senior class has grown the most...from 2 seniors to 3 seniors! 

We also made a trip to get supplies and books.  I found the used book store particularly interesting!  The service was nowhere near J&M's - I don't believe they spoke to us at all!  They had recent college text books - with the "USED" stickers on the side!


I was able to get into my classroom and rearrange a little more.  I think it looks good so far! Here is a picture of the room - I still need chairs for the kids - but it looks totally awesome!


This evening, the Korrum family (that I am living with) had all the teachers over for sloppy joes and chocolate chip cookies that were truly A-mazing!!! I was worried about starving in Africa - but I am eating crazy delicious things all the time.  I am getting spoiled living with a family who has such an amazing mom and cook - I might have a different story when I get into my own house!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for not only sharing your thoughts but also your eyes. It gives us all eyes and noses (smells) over there with you. O, how I want my hands to reach out to those orphans. Always try to take time for them. Your art room looks great. I can't wait to see your art work. You'll also have to post that.
    O, how we love you and admire you and thank you for what you are doing. D

    ReplyDelete