"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2009

In the Atlanta airport!

I am so excited right now, sitting in the airport waiting for my flight to board.  It is so amazing to feel the peace that only God can give!  I am moving to Africa - I should be totally freaking out right now -- instead I am delighting in my anticipation of things to come. I was able to give hugs to lots of my family this morning - and my sweet mom drove me up here to see me off!  I am about to board a flight to Frankfurt, Germany and then anther one to Accra, Ghana!  Ah!

GREAT NEWS -- I was really worried about getting all of my bags on the plane.  I was told I could take two 50 lb bags, and I had a third requested, but I would not know if I was able to take the third bag or not until I checked today! Ah! So......the guy at the counter was amazing and let me take three 60 lbs (yes, they were all over weight!!!!!).  He even changed all my seat arrangements, so that I would have aisle seats on both flights (without me asking!) - God is good and He is taking care of me in all of these small ways! 

I am really excited about what is to come in Africa!!! I should get my new phone number to you in the next few days.  If you get your skype up and running - try me tomorrow! My skype name is lollyjohnston -- and Ghana is 5 hours ahead of Auburn.

My next blog should be from Africa! 

2 comments:

  1. im glad you got to take all your bags! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love this blog. I love what is flowing from your heart, and what the Creator is working in you. Can't wait to see a post from Africa. I am imagining you in your apartment now. You can send us photos or video! Hoping your worship in Africa was sweet and the company around you is as well.

    ReplyDelete