"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My new theme:

Life is all about learning to be in relationship.

My new theme seems to relate to almost anything! I really do believe the point of this life is to learn to be in a personal relationship with God. Because our relationships on Earth are imperfect, they teach us a tremendous amount about being in relationship with God.

“…for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.” – 1 John 4:20

Every difficult relationship reveals to me something else I need to change in my heart, something about the way that I view God, and typically brings me to my knees in prayer and into God’s word to search for the Truth.

Truths: God is LOVE. (1 John 4:8) God loves the unlovable. (Romans 5:8) God forgives. (Ephesians 4:32) God’s love is: “patient and kind; does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. (Gods’) love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-7)

Because God loves me through all my mistakes, I am learning to accept God’s forgiveness, to forgive myself, and to whole-heartily forgive others.

All relationships in life are blessings because they teach us how to better be in relationship with God – whether it’s through us learning to show forgiveness and love, or us learning to receive forgiveness and love from others. And, I am learning a little bit more every day.

“All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between us and him, and then called us to settle our relationships with each other. God put the world square with himself through the Messiah, giving the world a fresh start by offering forgiveness of sins.” – 2 Corinthians 5:16- (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment