"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Just a God thing.

So, my Ghanaian family has continued to be a huge blessing!  They are from the Volta region, which is one of the most beautiful parts of Ghana that I was able to visit!  We have been getting together once a week for a cultural dinner!  They are cooking delicious African food for me, and I am TRYING to help them experience some real American food!


They said that they had never tried a cheese burger -- so I took them to Five Guys last week.  The kids loved the fries, but had to be bribed to even try the burger!!! So funny - something that is so ordinary to us - seemed so foreign and scary to them!  And, even while I was demonstrating proper burger-eating technique, they couldn't quite get it! One was eating the burger from the top (without the bun - because the sesame seeds looked scary), and the other only tried one bite with a fork, and only after the cheese was scraped off. Burgers were fun - but I think next week we will eat Alabama-style fried chicken and rice -- I think they will actually eat that!


Of course, the baby would eat anything! Isn't he precious!


And this week, they prepared one of my favorites - Red Red and plantian!!!! MMMmmm.



Thank you Jesus, for this little piece of Africa, right here in Auburn:)

No comments:

Post a Comment