"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Back in Ghana...

...I wish!

So the Lord has blessed me. He has blessed me with a Ghanaian family right here in Auburn, AL.  I was so excited to meet my Ghanaian student - and was even more excited to learn their family made groundnut soup!!!!

There are some things that I really miss about Ghana - mostly people, parts of the culture - and also SOME of the food:)  I do not miss fufu (pounded yam) but I do miss groundnut soup and rice balls! 

So, tonight I met them for dinner - and it was glorious!  I felt like I was back in Ghana for a little while!   We shared dinner, using our hands, while discussing travels in Ghana - with our Ghanaian accents!  God is so good to give me a little piece of my African home right here in my Auburn home!

No comments:

Post a Comment