"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The one (or two) things I can count on.

In the middle of all the transitions in life right now, from Africa to America.  From "the room's too hot, Miss LJ, Can we turn the generator on!!!!" to "I'm freezing in here!" which I was shocked to heard from my students today on their first day of school.   I am transitioning from thinking "What's the point in showering, it's so hot?" or "I sure wish I could shower today, I wonder when the water is coming back on?" to "How should I fix my hair this morning?"

But I have found one thing that is the same....

...BODYPUMP!!  

Yes, I was comforted by the same cardio-weight routine I had done 12 months ago.  Glorious!

This, of course, reminded me of the real constant in my life, my Savior, Jesus Christ.  He is always with me His word is written on my heart - and comes with me wherever I go.  He traveled with me all the way to Africa, and here He is again, sitting with me on my couch, speaking to me...

"I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."  Psalm 40:8

1 comment:

  1. I love to read what has been on your mind. You are such a cool chick/lover of God! :)

    ReplyDelete