"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010


In Matthew chapter 8, Jesus has been traveling around the Sea of Galilee scattering miracles, healings, and teaching communities about His father.  News of Christ's miracles spreads.

(Art from Art Bible)

A Roman official, a centurion’s messenger appeals to Jesus, asking for Him to heal his servant at home.  Jesus says, “I will come and heal him.” – but the messenger replies, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof, but only say the word and my servant will be healed.”  I can just feel Jesus’ excitement, and awe of His Father’s work – as He hears of a Roman official’s unexpected faith.  I can hear Him pause, to praise His Father, and then say:

“Truly, I tell you, with no one in Israel have I found such faith.  I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. “ (Matthew 8:10-12)

Yes, God can work in the heart of a Roman official, yes God can move mountains, yes God can do all things.  Are we asking Him, thanking Him and Praising Him for ALL His work? 

No comments:

Post a Comment