"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So, moving back from Africa to America there are a few things you have to take care of to be part of American society.  My list went something like this:

1. Shower
2. Hug family and friends (this obviously, can't be done prior to taking a shower!)
3. Eat mexican food
4. Realize it's time to stop speaking in my Ghanaian English (similar to British English)
5. Stop using clicks or tones to communicate with people
6. Smell the fresh air
7. Eat sushi
8. Get a pedicure
9. Don't bargain for the price
10. Eat at Amsterdam Cafe
11. Get a cell phone
12. Again, it is inappropriate to bargain for the price
13. Get a job
14. Praise the Lord for a job!
15. Travel to visit friends
16. Eat Chipotle, P.F. Chang's, Pei Wei, and Zoe's
17. Find somewhere to live
18. Eat at this GREAT new restaurant in Birmingham, "Urban Cookhouse"
19. Eat a cheeseburger
20. Look for a car
21. DO BARGAIN FOR THE PRICE!
22. Buy a car!!!!!
23. Eat strawberry cake from Edgar's
24. Start exercising from all the eating :)

So, today I took care of #22 - #24  I wanted to get a hybrid for fuel efficiency - and so I decided to get a precious little silver Prius!  I am in love - it is the coolest thing ever!  It gets 51 miles to a gallon of gas, on average! Awesome.




Actually getting the car was a whole story in its self...

My sweet friend casey drove me up to Birmingham to pick it up - but her car broke down twice on the way to drop me off to get it!  Here we are smiling by her Maxima, that just couldn't get us there :( Then the dealership people came to pick us up - which was so nice!  They, of course were  trying to sell her a new car the whole time - I think the Maxima is going to make it a few more years though!


But, I made it, I have transportation and now I am on to...

25. Paper work for the job
26. Tag for the car
27. Eating more mexican food
28. Exercising again!
29. Relaxing, reflecting on Africa, and catching my breathe before I have to start school - next week!!!!! Ah!

4 comments:

  1. You need to squeeze in some time to see your cousins! Glad you are adjusting back into American life...aren't we blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you forget one.


    Ordering Tall Skinny Vanilla Lattes at the nearing Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right! I need to see you, Ashlee! - and I totally left Starbucks off the list! Except, I order the amazing regular coffee ... black :) MMMMmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck !

    (i moved back from Aust to singapore a few years ago aft living in Perth for years.. i made a list of ten things to do.. HAVE to do, act..they were not choices, but ive not really gotten them pegged, even after about six years.. JUST HOPE YOU HAVE BETTER SMOOTH ROAD getting back from aft been at another place for a while.. God bless)

    ReplyDelete