"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The "Greener" Grass


It's so interesting how things look, when your perspective has changed.  The picture above is from the breakfast table I grew up eating at, and the picture below is of the same field, from the other side, where I eat my breakfast now.  It's the same grass, the same houses, the same everything.  Time has changed a lot of things about these places, and the space in between.  Time has changed how I see the people in each place, it has changed my reason for even looking at the space, and it has changed where I want to go from here.



Frosted mini wheats taste the same on any table, but is the grass any "greener" on either side??

Truth is: the grass is the same on both sides, you have to mow it either way!  The Bible even says, "...the grass of the field - which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the fire..." (Matthew 6:30)  This passage continues to illustrate how elaborately God clothes the grass of the field - just look around! If God makes beautiful even the tiniest of things, the things with the shortest life on Earth, "how much more with He clothe you, oh you of little faith!"  Yes, God is good, and He loves you.

Looking back, I am grateful for where I am today, and wouldn't change anything.  I love my family, and am grateful for time to be here with all of them.  Honestly, it's not the easy parts of life that made me who I am, it's the hard parts - that is where the Lord refines me!  Yes, I will praise Him in the storm! Yes, God is good.

So, when the grass of the field that we have been worried about doesn't matter, what does?

As my aunt Dixie, and the Beatles, so eloquently put it, "all you need is love!"  And love we have!  We are all making the effort to be intentional with our time together - I am so thankful for the "together" time the Lord has blessed us with.



No comments:

Post a Comment