"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

American Idol, and Wisdom



Idol Auditions Kick Off In Nashville

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - American Idol hopefuls have invaded Music City. The first round of auditions kicked off in Nashville.
An estimated 10,000 people lined up early Thursday to register for a spot in front of Idol producers.
This was the scene in downtown Nashville - all sorts of interesting individuals in town to show their talent, and pretend they are rock stars in the mean time!   I am visiting a friend, and we are going to try to go and document the line of people waiting to audition today!  It's so interesting to see the energy and excitement of the people here to try out.

Last night, I was reading Ecclesiastes (again) - about the "Vanity of Wisdom."  It struck me, again - I "try" so hard to make "wise" decisions, to seek the Lord, and His word.  But, God knows everything - He knows what we want and need before we do.
God is good.  I never saw myself in Auburn again - but He brought me back - and today I am thankful.  I am so thankful that the Lord knew that I would want to be there with my precious grandmother, before I knew.  He is so good and so faithful to guide and direct me into His will, regardless of my stubbornness and pride :)  Thank you Jesus.  No matter how "wise" our decisions are are - His will is done.  Just being in relationship, and asking Him is the point.

"Then I thought in my heart, 

       The fate of the fool will overtake me also. 

       What then do I gain by being wise? 
       I said in my heart, 
       This too is meaningless."

-Ecclesiastes 2:15

No comments:

Post a Comment