"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Steps


“You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip;” 2 Samuel 22:37

So, I was just walking out to the porch to have some prayer time, and I tripped right over a chair.  I am embarrassed to say, it hurt pretty bad – I was thankful to still have my “Africa first aid” stuff handy – to clean it up quickly.   Anyways – it seems like God was saying – even though I was trying to find some really profound reason or sign from God for my next step…that I need to just look at what is right in front of me.

Yes, my life is pretty much back to the drawing board.  I am home from my time in Africa, open to heading anywhere else in the World.   My first week back has been busy with parties, visiting friends and family, and catching up on sleep from traveling. 


I am at the beach now, catching my breath and praying about my next step.  The beach is beautiful, I haven't seen any oil - just a little seaweed:)  They do have all these barriers out to keep the oil off shore, if it does come.

It's funny to think that the last time that I was at a beach, I was staying in a hut like this:


God is so faithful to give me comfort and peace about where I am going.  I drove down by myself in the evening, and had just the nicest drive talking to Jesus – the sun set just as I was getting into Destin, and my (yes, I am a nerd) book on CD finished just as I was pulling up to the gate here.  Yes, God is good.  He is giving me rest and preparing my heart for another transition – to the next phase of my life.

“The steps of a man are established by the Lord; when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord establishes his way.” Psalm 37:23-24

“The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.” Proverbs 16:9


So, now I am just trying to figure out what my heart wants…

No comments:

Post a Comment