"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010








Good-bye Beacon House babies.  I was able to go by and see the little girl we were blessed to care for.  She is happy and healthy - 15 pounds - Praise God!


Bye-bye, my Ghanaian family.  I will miss you Joyce, Jeff, and Mary.


Bye Chicken and Rice - I am sure I will miss you in a month or two...



Bye-bye bumpy roads.



And taxi's, especially the ones with flat tires.



Good Bye, barred windows, and razor-wired fences.



Good Bye, "peace corps" sandals, I still have a blister from you, and don't think I will ever wear you again.



Bye, busy market places, and amazing women who can carry ANYthing on their heads.



Good bye, church under a grass hut on the beach - I will miss you every Sunday.



Good bye Sea turtles,



And elephants, and big bugs, and geckos.





And good bye precious international school kids.  I will miss you everyday.

"Hello" to American cell phones, fast internet, drive throughs, appointments, calendars, air conditioning, reliable running water and places that were once so familiar - but now feel foreign.  Hello to friends and family. Hello to American church - where you can understand all the songs and sermons. A BIG hello to salads and strawberries, broiled salmon, and cheese!  So many things are so different - I am praying to see the best of both of my "worlds."

3 comments:

  1. So glad to have you back, and I'm hoping a HELLO Charlotte is coming up in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures and such encouraging words. GOD BLESS you and your family and the work you are doing.

    svrasselas@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't handle how cute all those children are! And I am so happy to hear your sweet little girl is doing so well! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete