"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010


So, I drove back to Auburn from Destin today.  On the way down to the beach, I had one set of directions ready, and by God's grace - I made it down without any turning around.  You see, I am typically quite directionally challenged - and I still don't have a phone - so I have been a little anxious about making this drive.  Today, I got out two different sets of Mapquest directions, my aunt was telling me others, and I got my GPS geared up to head home.  I was comforted to have so many sets of directions telling me where to go, that way - anywhere I ended up - something would be able to get me back on the right path.


Then I realized, between all the shortcuts and side streets in and out of the different routes, there was probably 50 different ways I could get home.  Some ways (including the way I ended up driving) were "safer" - but took a little more time.    Other routes were much quicker, but included many more turns.  Some onto very slightly marked streets - and making a wrong turn there could lead you out into the middle of no-where!  Some were simply more scenic than others.


I was thinking how much like real life that is - of course, I am not always headed to Auburn - but I am always headed to Heaven.  It gives me great comfort to know that regardless of the choices I make and different paths that I choose - as long as I am seeking to please God - I am going to end up in the same place, with Him, for eternity.

"You put my feet in the stocksand watch all my paths; you set a limit for the soles of my feet." Job13:27

"I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free." Psalm 119:32

3 comments:

  1. LAUREN~ Let's go to Pablos tomorrow night. I miss you and I need some queso! Still wanting to catch up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in Destin last week, too!! I am so mad we didn't meet up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that verse from Psalms! :) Hugs to you from all of us!

    ReplyDelete