"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010




Visited the orphanage yesterday, took pictures of the kids to start working on the wall!  They got hold of my glasses, or "specs," as they call them - so cute!








And they were lovin' it!

There was a beautiful sunset - I think harmattan has finally come! This is when the dust from the Sahara desert comes and fills the air - it actually looks cloudy outside and feels cool. Craziness - but it is a nice break from the heat.





Everyone was hot and tired (yes, the "break" from the heat means it is still hot, it also means the electricity and water are finished - so showers and cold drinks are not happening right now) - so ice cream cake for the birthday was exciting - but pictures were not - I took some anyways!









The cake was delicious - a layer of chocolate chip cookies, chocolate ice cream, mars bars, chocolate ice cream, marshmellows, and then peanut butter - Mmmmmm!

On a personal note - I've needed a break from reading the Old Testament - I am getting bogged down in the laws and hardships of Job - remembering our Savior who loves us despite our human nature, who came to Earth to set us free from the law is all the more exciting!  It is SOOO awesome to know we are free from the law and forgiven for our Sin!!  I am all the time forgetting -  all too often I put people or things or schedule before God in my day.

"For I am now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ."
Galatians 1:10

"For FREEDOM Christ has set us free,
stand firm therefore, and so not submit again to a yoke of slavery."
Galatians 5:1

1 comment:

  1. LJ! i love the sun glasses. So cute that he has them upside down. Are those animal bracelets that he has on? funny if so. i love your cake description. haha remember the cupcake you made me with all the candy all over it....and then it exploded in the kitchen...whoops Teresa sorry if you are reading this. haha fun time. La u!

    ReplyDelete