"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So, I finally got around to teaching kindergarten about my wall map yesterday!  I love teaching them!  They are just so young and cute and their minds are so wide open.  So, I was explaining the map to them and where Africa is, and where we are living.  And then...I asked them to share where they are originally from.  And they have no idea!  I had to tell most of them where they were from, or ask their teacher!  Many of them claimed to be from all sorts of places in the world.

The best story I got was from a Ghanaian kindergartner.  I actually know his family is for sure Ghanaian - he has two older brothers in our school, who have both already painted their dot inside Ghana on the wall map.  So, when I asked him where he was from, and he said "America,"  I said, "Are you sure?" He continued to say that he was American.  I said, "I really think that you are Ghanaian, both of your brothers said they are from Ghana."  When he continued to insist that he was American, I finally said, "Well, then, what city in America are you from?"  And he said, "Disney Land." Ha! Got to love that!

"Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
and our tongue with shouts of joy"
Psalm 126:2

"...for the JOY of the Lord is your strength!"
Nehemiah 8:10

For another good laugh... (I kind of can't believe that I am telling you all about this - much less that I am on youtube - and even less that this is a video of me singing!!!! But it is very very funny) ... please view our "Christmas Card" from Israel.  We (Meg Bauhof and myself) sang while standing in front of several important historical sights in and around Jerusalem!  Hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE the 'live' christmas card. what a great idea. Very creative. hahah this is funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "belated" Christmas card from the land of Christmas. You are an inspired teacher, teaching us from around the world. You're inspired and you inspire us.

    We need more of this good stuff!

    ReplyDelete