"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's funny coming back to a place so "foreign" only to find it so familiar this time.  Back to my own room inside the gates and walls with razor wire, off the dirt roads with the gutters open, past the Ghanaians yelling "Eta Zaine Obroni!" Being back, my whirlwind of Christmas travels almost seem like a dream! Good thing I took pictures!

I started in Jerusalem for a few days - Here's a view from the Mount of Olives:



And a sunset right outside the wall:



Then, trips to Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee and Cana



Then, a trip to Bethlehem



Then, a trip South to Masada and the Dead Sea






We even had time to stop by the Zaccheaus Tree (yea - like Zaccheaus was a wee little man and a wee little man was he, he climbed up in (THIS) sycamore tree, for the Lord he wanted to see)



And this is where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found:



We climbed the Mount of Olives and walked around the old city on the city wall and ate TONS of the most delicious hummus I have ever had!

Then, I was "snowed in" in Tel Aviv for two days, here is the view from my hotel room:



I made it in time for Christmas Eve in Auburn!




Then, off to Columbus Christmas Day - then back to Auburn



Back to Columbus to be with Erin - this is after her LAST radiation!!! Yay!



Up to Birmingham to visit friends for an evening



To Auburn New Year's Eve



Columbus New Year's Day -  War Eagle and Happy Birthday Mom! - Went to see Avatar in 3D - interesting movie.



Back to Auburn before heading to the Atlanta Airport!



Detour in Dubai - I took a picture to "prove" I was there - couldn't find anything that said Dubai - so I figured the Starbucks sign in Arabic would do!




And, now I am here - exhausted and jet lagged - but back to work and life as "usual" here in Accra, Ghana!

2 comments:

  1. LJ i LOVED the pics. I think you should post all one million of them on Picasa or somewhere so i can see them all. You are such the adventurer!! And most of these make me laugh. I know you are not trying to be funny...but most of them are to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the cowboy boots by the Sea the best!
    Love Dixie and Deedee

    ReplyDelete