"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Prayers

Good Morning!

Thanks for your prayers - devo went well yesterday.  I spoke about my inspiration from watching The Lord of the Rings and X-Men (I surprising really enjoyed all of them!) - how the characters in those movies prepare and practice for their respective epic battles.  The scenes where everyone is putting on their armor or costumes and sharpening their weapons really made me think about my preparation for the spiritual battle we all face each day.  We read from Ephesians 6:10-18

"....Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand firm...."

And from 1 John 4:11

"Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."


I challenged them to prepare for their daily battle at school, where everything in this world tries to divide us and makes it hard to love each other, and sometimes really hard to love certain students.  God has called us to love Him, and love others.  If we prepare ourselves each day - we can love each day.  Please pray for our faculty, that we can put on our spiritual armor and fight to love these kids and love each other each day.

I also want to ask for your prayers for my friend Erin today.  She is having surgery in Birmingham this morning.  They are going to remove the lymph nodes from her throat.  I think this is pretty serious surgery - she said they are cutting her "ear to ear."  After today, they will know whether she needs radiation or not.  Please pray for her body to heal and for her peace and comfort during this time.

Thank you  - have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your encouragement to love and to pray. We pray for Erin and her surgery, and for you and the faculty there to love and teach those kids (to love most importantly of all their subjects).

    May your day be blessed by the Creator who inspires you.

    Dix~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren,

    I miss your smile! How are you?
    The boys are all doing well adjusting to being home in USA. I am proud of all of them. Everything is new & exciting - ice cubes, microwave, pop corn, the van, the fact that Mom drives, the leaves changing color! It is so much fun to see everything for the first again through their eyes.
    How I wish I could still go over to BH though & love on all the precious litte ones there. Please give them my love & assure them that Ema & Godfred are doing great.
    Hugs!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete