"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Love from far away...




I made this for my friend Erin - who I have heard is looking amazing and TALKING after her surgery this week!!!! Praise the Lord!  Being away during her surgery has made me miss everyone at home this week! I wanted to post it - because it is how I feel about everyone - I am praying for you and thinking of you, even worlds away.

The orphanage was amazing this week! We talked about ideas for the murals on the wall outside and in the baby's bedroom.  I am so excited to get those projects underway!  We all sat around and played with the kids, and some of volunteer teachers at school were there playing praise music on their guitars - which was amazing.  I was able to love on a new baby, just brought in from a village.  He was totally void of emotion - needing some love - but had the most amazing chubby cheeks!

Saturday was Levi's 7th birthday  - he had been preparing everyone for this since we arrived in August!  He had a huge soccer game for the boys and I helped at the bead table for the girls - which was super fun!  Saturday night, some of the teachers got together to watch "The Office" - good stuff.

This morning I taught sunday school at an international church and was able to hear preacher Jeff (whom I have the honor of living with) preach! It was amazing to hear a sermon that I could understand and relate to, after last week - It was a good Sunday! I know I say this every week - but it might actually happen this week - that we may move into the pink house! I am excited - we went out and got curtains and glasses and stuff to fill it up a little bit! Please be praying that we can get in soon and we will be safe there and that God will show us how we can bless the staff with fellowship there.

I have been trying to call my Dad to wish him happy birthday - I hope I can get him tomorrow!  Love you all and miss you tons!

2 comments:

  1. I heard from your Dad that he was awakened on his birthday by singing in Africa! How delightful! You are such a blessing and joy even tho worlds away you are near in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Lauren

    I'm typing with one finger because Nathan G. is all snuggled up on my lap - so nice

    I am excited that you might finally get to move into your own house- pictures please

    hugs

    Patty

    ReplyDelete