"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2009

And also...

Friday night all the teachers got together for a fiesta - yum! And we watched the 20-under World Cup Soccer match between Ghana and Brazil.  And Ghana won - and it was a really big deal here. I don't want to offend anyone, as I know there are many avid football fans reading this - but the celebration on the streets in Ghana that night on the way home far outweighed any Toomer's corner celebration I have ever witnessed.  I mean, it was unreal - I heard people were literally convulsing on the floor at the mall when Ghana won.  Wow - that is intense - and I hope that never happens at Toomer's corner - and even though Auburn lost I want you all to know that I am still far more excited to say War Eagle! than "Go Ghana!"

No comments:

Post a Comment