"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

By His Grace

How would the World look if we were able to see it as God does? At church yesterday, one line of a song hit me: “By your grace I see.” God sees us through the blood of Jesus – cleansed, covered, and repaired from our sin. God sees us as perfect according to His good purposes.

What would that even look like? Are we capable of seeing the world through God’s grace? What about seeing ourselves through God’s grace? I have an easier time looking for good in other people – but seeing myself through God’s grace – a gift that I have absolutely not earned – is more difficult for me.

In Psalms 139, David writes:

“Oh Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You discern my thoughts from afar.

 

You search out my path and my lying down
And are acquainted with all of my ways.

Even before a word is on my tongue,
Behold, oh Lord, you know it altogether.”

Yes, God has searched us. Yes, God knows us – He knows the good and the bad. With the good – He rejoices. The bad He covers, forgives and redeems, and I praise Him for that.

Today, I am challenged to try to see myself and the World around me through God’s grace; not perfect, but perfect according to God’s good and perfect plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment