"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

America!

Through all my adjusting back to being in the states – there have been plenty of “highs” and “lows.” The past few weeks have been “highs” in the assimilation process!

Last week, we celebrated Veteran’s Day at our school. The kids invited all their veterans to come out to be honored. It was the sweetest most touching thing ever. Not a dry eye in the house! The choir sang beautifully patriotic and military songs – ending with one where they sang “Thank you” to the veterans attending.

Each student and veteran was called out and walked out to the front of the assembly to give their veteran a medal! It was so precious – and it made me proud to be in America, so thankful for our country, for my community and for my school.
And – now it’s time for Thanksgiving - celebrating cultures colliding in America by spending time with family and friends. Last night, at dinner with my Ghanaian family – I was able to share with them what Thanksgiving was all about. Pretty cool.
So, I praise God for the “highs” in life – for times where we realize our blessings and are content living right inside His will. For we know that we are “filled to be emptied again, the seed I’ve received I will sow.” (Hillsong, Dessert Song) Yes, God blesses so that we can in turn be a blessing.
I hope and pray that this will bless your life – and you will go forward and bless someone else’s life today!

No comments:

Post a Comment