"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2009


So, I have finally been able to unpack my bags!  While unpacking, I found a prayer journal that I started sometime last year, and included a detailed recap of how God completely moved my life from Birmingham, AL to Accra, Ghana.   I didn’t realize I had been praying for God to send me here for a year.  It is so overwhelming to realize that God really listens to us, and His answers to our prayers are so specific.  

I have had more, and/or chosen to give more time for prayer since I have been in Africa, than any other time in my life – and it has given me such a peace and understanding of God and His word– but it has also made me really think  ….  I should already understand prayer, since I have prayed every bedtime and at every meal since I can remember, and a lot of the time in between – but why we should I pray to a God who already knows all things, exactly as they are going to unfold? Through my time here, God has shown me over and over and over again (and I am sure that I am going to need more reminders)  - that He just wants to spend time with me – with you – with all of us, He wants us to ask.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the PEACE of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

"You do not have, because you do not ask.  You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions....Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." James 4:2

1 comment:

  1. Your comments reminded me of Mother Teresa and her quote: "Everything starts from prayer." It started with prayer - you talking to God, and it ends with Him speaking to you, and acting for you. Prayer is the pipeline to God. I'm so glad you're tapped in. A life/day without prayer is not as good as it should be. Because you pray, your life will be more Peaceful, more opened up to you, and closer to God (according to the verses you chose).
    We love you and thank you for praying. Dix~

    ReplyDelete