"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Home

I arrived in Atlanta, Ga at 6:30 am Christmas Eve - what a relief it was to finally be home!  Mom and Dell woke up at 4 in the morning to drive to Atlanta to get me!  Customs and baggage claim felt like it took a million years - then we began our drive to Columbus.  I don't know a time I have been more excited about food than when we passed a Chick-fil-A on the way! I ordered my favorite - a chicken, egg, and cheese bagel - mmmmmm. 




After a 13 hour flight - with the seven hour time difference - I am having some "jet - lag" problems.  I am sleepy when I am suppose to be awake and I am hungry when I am suppose to be sleeping! 

I drove to Auburn (which I was nervous about - but am still very capable of driving - and how amazing it is to be able to drive yourself somewhere - whenever you want or need to go!) in time to visit with my cousins from Montgomery, my grandparents, my aunt Lee Alice, and then make it to church for the Christmas Eve service right on time!  I walked in and found my dad ushering at the back of the church - it was so great to see him! I think he is just so excited for me to be "safe" back in America.  I don't think I will ever forget that moment - Him realizing that I am good and happy and me realizing the time that has passed since I left and understanding for maybe the first time what "family" is and how important people are to me.

Elizabeth and Tracey and Hannah and Lydia and Paul and Skip and Glenda were all there - great hugs - great Christmas Eve.  Just good stuff. Thank you, Jesus for all my many blessings.  Thank You for family and friends and so many homes to come home to that I can't decide where to stay and thank you for life and for how You allow us to live in freedom- sometimes I forget how many times you give us the choice - but You have given us the priviledge to choose how we live our lives, and where we live our lives.  Thank you. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas O Blessed One.
    May the new year and even new decade be all TENS for you. You are blessed. You are loved. It is so wonderful you realize it.

    ReplyDelete