"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Friday, December 11, 2009

Sad to be leaving...excited to be with friends and family (and air conditioning, and stable power, and target, and fast food, and clean air and christmas decorations and so much more!)



Last visit to the orphanage before break! We colored nativity scenes and sang Christmas songs - a-mazing.







This one wanted me to take our picture over and over - and it is so funny - the Ghanaians just don't typically smile in pictures - so this is him "smiling."










It was my roommate, Anne Clair's Birthday Tuesday - and she got....




A goat! Not just any goat - it's a pygmie goat! Almost a mini horse, Elizabeth!  She named him "Rudolph" the red nosed rain-goat!  We call him "Rudy" for short.  When he cries, it sounds just like a baby crying - it's so strange, and kind of cute too.




Isn't he cute?!



And, I had flowers planted in our front yard - they are suppose to grow really fast to cover the razor wire on the top of the fence - maybe even by the time we get back from Christmas!!

I am flying out tomorrow night!!! So exciting! Please keep all of AIS's staff's travels in your prayers.  I will not be using my phone - or taking my computer - so if I find an internet cafe - I will try to post that I am in Israel - if not - you can see me on Dec. 22  after I fly into Atlanta!!  Merry Christmas and see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. So excited...seeing what you are leaving and anticipating what you are going to. We tried to call you today, and it didn't work again. Praying for you and your trip to Israel! Love you, Dixie

    ReplyDelete