"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Israel is amazing and I have been really sad to leave - so I have been blessed with a few more days here! It really is nice to have some time after such a busy trip to rest and just be here.  I, however, have not had this attitude all day! 
So, I was suppose to fly out of Tel Aviv at 5:30 am - so I arrived at the airport early - at 2:15 ish.  Once I passed through the brutal interegation that I have been through traveling into and out of the Middle East (which is a hastle - but one that I am so thankful for and comforted by), I was told that no planes had taken off from the airport in Frankfurt, Germany - so there were no planes here in Tel Aviv to take us where we needed to go.  Since I was early - I was one of the first of the hundreds of people stranded and stressed in the airport to be in line to change my ticket.  There was a group of med students from the US in line behind me - and we were all advocating for each other to be able to get to the front of the line and get on one of the flights out of Tel Aviv today - Israeli people apparently do not know how to "cue" or make a line.  Emotions were running high - people were breaking in line and yelling at each other and grown men were shoving to be next in line.  We made it to the counter - safely - only three hours after we arrived, and 15 minutes before my original flight was scheduled to take off.  I had the option of flying to Newark later today - with no connecting flight to anywhere in the south - I tried every airport in the south east - and there is suppose to be bad weather in the North East - or a flight leaving here tomorrow evening - flying straight into Atlanta, Ga.  This is when I was trying to call home from the airport to give the message that I would not arrive in Atlanta today - and I was trying not to sound too stressed - but after having no sleep all night in the airport - I was a little stressed. So, I appologize for worrying you - I am really fine and safe and good - wishing I was at home - but fine and safe and good.  So, I am stuck in a nice room right on the beach here in Tel Aviv.  I have an Isreali buddy - who is trying to get to Montogmery, AL - what are the chances?

While waiting in line with so many people from so many cultures - I was praying for my flight and my chance to go and I was overwhelmed thinking about these people who don't have Jesus in their hearts - they don't have the peace that Jesus is going to take care of this.  I have just been overwhelmed with how the Lord is taking care of me in this situation.  Friends in line - buddy to travel with - beautiful beaches - there's no better way to be stranded. 

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have recieved from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

I am missing you all and I am now scheduled to arrive in Atlanta on Dec. 24 at 6 am - please keep that flight in your prayers - and that I am able to make it home for Christmas.  I am comforted by the fact that our all loving God is in control of this situation - and He's taking care of me.  Thank you for your prayer and I will see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful story of traveling...our journey and the set backs, by nature and by people.
    Our hearts ache that you encountered these problems, but rejoices knowing you are safe and that God redeems the time -
    Praying you home in a safe and restful flight.
    Thanks for your heart and words. D

    ReplyDelete