"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Not to freak anyone out --

-- but I have a very urgent prayer request.  We found out this morning, that our visa extension papers have been denied, again, for maybe the 3rd time -  we had to rewrite our forms this morning, and if they are not turned in and approved today, our visas in Ghana will be expired.....if our visas expire, we will not be able to travel until the situation is taken car of - sometime - someday - according to Ghana time - in which there is no notion of time.  We joke about meeting places - at a certain time - whether we are meeting 10 o'clock American time or 10 o'clock Ghanaian time.  American meaning right at 10 o'clock - Ghanaian time meaning whenever it happens - but we will begin to think about getting ready to go sometime around 10 o'clock.

The point is - if our visas are not approved today, there is a very serious possibility of us, of me not being able to travel to Israel or home for Christmas. Please pray that our visas go through today, that we will will find favor in the officials processing our paperwork.

It's funny - I was praying about giving up control of my life to God last night - talk about giving it all up to Him - this is so in His hands.  I took my time filling out the form, I practiced, I prayed, we prayed, and I am asking you to pray.

"As for me, I am in your hands, do with me whatever you think is just and right." Jeremiah 26:14

2 comments:

  1. Lauren! I will definitely be praying for you! I love that verse. I really hope I get to see you over Christmas, but if that's not God's plan then I guess I'll just have to fly over to Africa when you get done with school!

    ReplyDelete