"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2009

I got the power!

So, the Wright family picked me up for church yesterday - and their 4 year old son, Jacob is obsessed with Batman - like I can only think of a few times when I haven't seen him in his Batman cape - so cute, he is always talking about his "powers."   When I am getting in the car, and he asks me what powers do I have - and I had to confess that I don't have any super hero powers - and his sister Karli spoke up "but she has her Bible!"   Then the sermon at church was about "The word is Power!" Just had to share.

We haven't had any updates on the visa situation - we are all still praying that it all goes through.  Craziness!   A whole other thing making my life busy right now is making props - I have been making these ones for the "Pantomine" of Alice in Wonderland - I think they turned out pretty well.



I have also been helping with things for the AIS Christmas program - which was this Saturday.  It was great - the kids were precious and the parents were thankful.  It is always fun to see our whole school together - we are such a diverse school - I always think that's how heaven is going to be - everyone all together!




These are some of the preschool angels - aren't they cute?!  One of them is part of a family at our school, who moved here from Birmingham, AL - can you even believe that?! We have been living a few miles apart for the past three years - and now we meet in Ghana. Talk about a small world.







More of the little ones - they were SO cute!  Here are some of the teachers, it's so funny that we are wearing sun dresses at a Christmas program!



Last week, we had field day - and it was so much fun! Each teacher had a team, and each team was a different country - I was Italy - yay!  We began with games like life size battleship, snow ball fights (with paper), blind musical chairs, and sumo wrestling.  Then, there was the craziest relay ever - it began with a huge shoe pile relay - where all the kids throw in their shoes and then have to find them again mixed in with all the other kid's shoes!




Then, we did the sponge, fill the bottle at the end with water relay.




Then, the dizzy bat thing, incredible hulk, other crazy things - it was fun! My team came in 4th place.  It was fun to have a day just to hang out with the kids, and spend time with some that I don't usually get to see.  It was also really neat to see the older kids helping the small ones - good stuff.

Thank you for your prayers - I hope and pray to have good news about the visas soon! I'll be on skype for a little while this afternoon - 9 - 10 am Auburn time - hope to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment