"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2009

Morning Journey to School

So...I thought I should document my journey to school, while I am still riding my bike in the morning, hopefully only a few more days, but we'll see! Here is my bike - I got a great deal because it is like totally kid-sized!




Here is the guard, Jacob, letting me out.



This is where my journey begins - right outside the Korum's gate.




Here is the paved portion of my journey.




Here are some of the school children that I pass each morning and afternoon - who yell "Obroni!" as I pass.  Some days this is very welcome and I say "Eta Zaine" or "aftanoon" in my best Ghanaian accent, to which they all die laughing.  Some days I do not enjoy this part, and wish I was able to blend in better here - its like being in a constant parade - we just stick out wherever we are.  (Notice the dude in the background "mowing the lawn" ... with a machete!)



Here is where the paved portion ends.



This is how I feel riding on the bumpy dirt roads - obviously, I was trying to take a picture and bounced into a hole.



This is me riding past the pink house - where I will hopefully move this week, which is located directly next to the school - amazing.



So, that is my morning journey, I hope you all enjoyed it! Have a blessed Monday!

"Everyday I will bless your name forever and ever.  Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised." Psalm 145:2

5 comments:

  1. is that barbed wire circled on your gate?! what?? -tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long does it take? I'm impressed with your photo-while-biking skills! Can't wait to catch up in a month or so! -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i loved seeing this blog. i thought the bumpy picture was funny. i am impressed at your morning journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! The journey is only 20 minutes or so - but its very enjoyable! And yes, all houses here are surrounded by walls and razor wire - and most have guards - we will. I am thankful that we have the gate and razor wire and guards - safety first! I'll have to post more pictures of the inside soon - it really is nice inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking us along on your journey this morning. Mom and I are journeying to the hospital on rainy roads for a brain scan, just to prove she still has one! We are laughing and enjoying "the ride." We love you and are so glad we can see your commute and your lovely digs!
    Dix and Deedee

    ReplyDelete