"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The little things that make me smile

While teaching 7th grade about the color wheel today, one student said, "Miss LJ, you like, love art ... it's like, oozing out of you fingers and toes." I feel like this is maybe the very best thing that a teacher could ever hear from their students - totally made me smile.


And later this afternoon, a high school student said to me, "I love that you ride your bike to school AND still wear make-up."  As if I should only be allowed to to one or the other - made me smile. 


First  grade today said that my examples in class were "beautiful."  Yesterday, the same class was making me crazy - talking while I was talking, and when I asked them to stop, they began to "cluck" like chickens. So, they had to have "silent art" the rest of the class.  Later, my mailbox was full of the most precious apology notes:


Dear Miss Johnston,
I am so sorry for talking like a chiten.


The notes with first grade spelling made me smile.


I also smiled last week, when a british student said that I sounded like a "cowgul."


Yesterday, we went by the pink house - and it is so close to being finished and ready for us to move in! It's funny though, now, I am getting sad about leaving the family I have been staying with.  The project manager at school/Nurse at the US embassy/the mom that I am living with said that they would screen in the porch at the house, so that we can sit outside and not get eaten my mosquitoes at night! :)


We found out yesterday that we don't have school Monday! I am hoping to plan a trip to a beach or something!  Also, on Saturday I will be trying out for a play at the British school, which apparently everyone tries out for and is hysterical.  Then, I am headed north to help our preschool teacher with her ministry, "Children of the Light"'s art show!  


The painter at the school bought me the paint to begin murals at the school, and he is in the process of getting me paint for the murals at the orphanage.  The kids are practicing mixing colors and hopefully next week we can begin painting the world map on the hallway at school.  I am really excited to get these projects underway! Lots of things to smile about this week! God is good.

3 comments:

  1. Loved hearing the stories about what your children say during class...CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "oozing" part the best. OOZE on girlfriend. What's in you, will come out. Let it be good! Paint the place with your love! Dix~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! We miss you but you are exactly where God wants you to be! :)

    ReplyDelete