"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011


I have heard it said that "tears are windows to the soul.”  


In “The Shack” the Holy Spirit goes around collecting people’s tears – to keep – because they are precious to Him.



One of my fellow teachers says crying is a good practice – it should be done daily.


David sheds many tears as he is running and hiding from heart-hardened King Saul:

“My tears have been my food day and night, while people say to me all day long, “Where is your God?” These things I remember as I pour out my soul...”-Psalm 42:3

“Record my misery; list my tears on your scroll— are they not in your record?”-Psalm 56:8

“Those who sow with tears
will reap with songs of joy."
-Psalm 126:5

I am crying all the time now, as it seems. And it’s good – it is helping. I think God gives us tears to help us communicate with Him through the Holy Spirit – just like it says in Romans, “the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.” – 8:26 Crying just expresses deep emotions – a movement in the spirit or soul – and that is always a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. Crying is a good thing. I like that. We need to see tears in a new and fresh way. It is cleansing. It is watering those seeds that have been planted. Thank you for crying for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If I Could"

    A brand new baby was born yesterday
    Just in time
    Papa cried, baby cried
    Said "Your tears are like mine"
    I heard some words
    From a friend on the phone
    That didn't sound so good
    The doctor gave him two weeks to live
    I'd give him more if I could

    You know that I would now
    If only I could
    You know that I would now
    If only I could

    Down the middle drops one more
    Grain of sand
    They say that
    New life makes losing life easier to understand
    Words are kind
    They helped ease the mind
    I'll miss my old friend
    And though you gotta go
    We'll keep a piece of your soul
    One goes out
    One comes in

    You know that I would now
    If only I could
    You know that I would now
    If only I could

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post. So very true. Great way to look at things! love you!

    ReplyDelete