"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

What can you see from where you are standing?


"What you see and hear depends a great deal on where you are standing; it also depends on what sort of person you are." – CS Lewis


This is my example for my first grade art lessons this week. We are creating imaginary worlds outside of our windows.  It is so interesting to see what my students are drawing! I feel like I am getting glimpses of life from where they are standing! And their pictures are inspiring me reflect on my perspective.

When my perspective is from a stance firm on Christ's truth alone, I am able to have an eternal perspective. But - when my stance wavers from Christ alone it is my circumstances, as opposed to the love and grace of Christ which affects my perspective, attitude, and actions. We live in a fallen and sinful World – so it’s inevitable that when we put our hope in people and things on this Earth we will be disappointed.  I want to stand firm on Christ’s truth!! Pray for me and I’ll pray for you – that we will choose stand firm on Christ’s truth alone and to allow Him to give us perspective from above the circumstance of our lives!

“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

On another note - praying for the world this week has been a blessing to me. I have prayed for the protest in Egypt, Cyclone Yasi in Australia, the rebuilding of Haiti, and today specifically for protests and hunger in Bolivia. I found the “continent a day” prayer schedule very achievable – it takes a little time, which I am glad to spend with Jesus and thinking about others, and hope I can give more time and thought to it next week.

I forgot to add this link last week  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ On the BBC website you can choose which continent or region you want news for and often this week I was able to even watch part of the news from the area I was praying for! Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment