"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

The Radical Experiment:


"After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb." 
Revelation 7:9

I just finished reading Radical – which just like most Christian books, is complete with a life application challenge at the end. This one is good though – but surprisingly not because it is“radical” – but because it is actually Biblical and do-able.

The "Radical Experiment" involves five specific challenges to carry out over the span of a year:

1. To pray for the entire world.
2. To read through the entire Word.
3. To sacrifice your money for a specific purpose.
4. To give your time in another context.
5. To commit your life to a multiplying community.

Number one on the list is what this blog is dedicated to. I hope and pray to rise to all five parts of the “Radical Challenge” – but today I am focusing on number 1: PRAY FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD. On the http://www.radicalthebook.com/ website, there are plenty of resources to help for readers rising to the challenge.

After thinking and praying about this – I decided to simplify – and make a habit of praying for the World, hopefully in a way that I can continue for the rest of my life.  So, seven continents to pray for, and seven days of the week – Ill just assign a continent to a day and done. But listing the continents – I got to Antarctica and thought – "there’s just not much to pray for there." So, I decided to add a specific city that the Lord has called us to pray for to Antarctica’s day: Jerusalem.


“Pray for the peace of Jerusalem!
"May they be secure who love you!
Peace be within your walls
and security within your towers!"
For my brothers and companions’ sake
I will say, "Peace be within you!"
For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,
I will seek your good.” Psalm 122:6-9
So, here is my “Pray for the World” challenge schedule. My plan is to take time each day to learn about what is going on in each place – and then let the Lord show me how to pray.

MONDAY

 TUESDAY

WEDNESDAY

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

ANTARCTICA AND JERUSALEM


Please join me as I begin praying today for South America.  And - let me know if you have another way to "PRAY FOR THE WORLD."

3 comments:

  1. This is a pretty sweet idea, Lauren. I just recently composed a prayer list with everyone I can think of listed on it. I was inspired to do it when I read 1 Timothy 2:1-8 which urges us as Christians to lift everyone up in prayer. That means friends, family, enemies, aquaintances, missionaries, government officials and leaders of countries, etc. When I finished it (and actually it's not finished because I'm always adding to it) I had way too many to pray for in one day so I divided them up over 7 days. And I'm going to have to add the continents now! hehe Great post.

    :o)Sarah
    restlessromantic.blogspot.com
    thoughtsfromajourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great spur for us all to pray continually, daily, weekly, intentionally, and with Holy Spirit inspiration, Biblically led. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dixie Keller printed and shared this postwith our prayer group. This is an awesome endeavor! I work in the prayer department of a Bible translation organization. We print a lot of free resources that provide prayer requests and guides for all areas of the world. Check it out:
    http://www.wycliffe.org/Pray.aspx

    With this one, you can pray for a people group from each area of the world every day who is about to receive God's word in their language:
    http://www.wycliffe.org/Pray/Publications/TheFinishLine.aspx

    Anything can be printed or ordered for free. I wish you the best in your prayer pursuit!

    ReplyDelete