Truths I need to remember:
1. Because of the fall - Life is suffering, life is pain – so learn to live with it, expect it, and learn how to cope with it.
Job 1:21 “And he said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”
2. When something good or joyful does happen, embrace it, cherish it, remember it.
Luke 2:19 “But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart.” Revelation 3:3 “Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent.”
3. Always keep your eyes on the Cross – our only hope in this world is Jesus Christ.
Romans 8:18 – “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.”
4. Remember that His ways are “higher” than ours– that His plan is far better than ours.
Isaiah 55:9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
5. Regardless of our current circumstance, we are in our maker’s hands.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 “give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
6. God loves us and wants the best for us.
Romans 8:31 “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He sent His only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”